Tax is one of the seven policy segments in Democracy.
The policies in this segment are mainly revenue raising, and are the main source of revenue raising in the game. However, they also serve other purposes, and some taxes may be introduced mainly for purposes other than revenue raising: for example car tax to decrease car usage.
There are also a small number of policies that are not revenue raising and are actually tax breaks or grants, including married tax allowance.
The amount of revenue generated from taxes is generally influenced by other factors, such as GDP or, with car tax for example, car usage.
In Democracy 2, this is the only segment that does not have any simulation elements in it (simulation is not divided by segment in Democracy 1 due to the different design of the graphical user interface).
- Airline Tax
- Alcohol Tax
- Carbon Tax (Democracy 2 only)
- Car Tax
- Corporation Tax
- Hybrid Cars Initiative (Democracy 2 only)
- Income Tax
- Inheritance Tax
- Internet Tax
- Luxury Goods Tax
- Married Tax Allowance
- Micro-Generation Grants (Democracy 2 only)
- Mortgage Tax Relief (Democracy 2 only)
- Petrol Tax
- Property Tax (Democracy 2 only, although was released as an update for Democracy 1)
- Sales Tax
- Tobacco Tax
- Corruption (Democracy 2 only)